Monday, October 19, 2009

papercraft weekend


I finally got round to a full papercraft upperjaw. (I colored it artificially just for fun, it's white.)
The horns are missing from the cheeks, but it gives an idea of the size of the head (57 cm)
Iand the material needed. I used 10 sheets of A4 paper to fold it. All in all it's not that much.
Can't wait how it turns out, because this morning I flipped it over and poured PUR foam in there.
It will probably bulge out of the eyes and nose, but I'll just cut the holes back in then..
Also probably the best way to make those big horns on the back I could do by pouring a little PUR in, let it harden, get the next stage, pour PUR in etc. Although I'm not a very patient guy.
If it turns out nice, I'll make the cheek-horns, ear flap and lowerjaw for a good idea.
Some details on the model need a little work and then it's texturing time.
But before that, I'll concentrate on the legs. I think it is very inspiring to have a complete head lying around, though. Also I saw a change in how people now talk about my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment