Sunday, January 3, 2010

Prototype for leg

My first try using these metal thingies called "draadeind" in Dutch. (all thread or threaded nod)
I'm learning a lot about tools and stuff. A draadeind is basically a bolt without an ending. It's perfect for screwing things together if you don't know how long your bolts should be.
After this phase I started measuring and bought the right bolts. Also I learned that when you turn nuts into eachother they will form a blockade that cannot be broken without tools.. (a handy alternative to a deposit bolt (borgmoer), that you can dissassemble time and again)
I made a fool of myself asking for yellow PVC pipes in the sewerage department and was after much discussion sent to the electrics department. Apparently everybody but me knows that yellow pvc pipes are used for electrics only.
I feel like a real macho man now that I know all these things. I actually own a hammer, two types of saws and a pair of plyers by now and use them regularly. I never got past screwdrivers, because with computers you don't need much more.
I am officially leaving whimphood and carefully venturing into obsessional nerddom..
This picture should give you some idea of the scale..

No comments:

Post a Comment