Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Primeval dracorex

I saw a dracorex hogwartsia on primeval yesterday. I know a bit about dinosaurs and discarded it as fiction.
Today I searched in google because I rather liked the head they created.
It seems dracorex hogwartsia is for real. It has only recently been discovered by 3 amateurs. (2005). A dinosaur that looks like an actual dragon, but was an early stage of pachycephalosaurus (the thick skulled dinosaurs that used to ram their skulls together, probably in some mating ritual).
Because of the way it looks, they named it after Harry Potters school for Magic.
Here is the wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracorex

It nicely solves my teething problem, by not having any teeth in the beak area. Also it was a herbivore, so that explains the small teeth. My dragon should have slightly larger teeth, but I see now that a dragons main weapons are not it's teeth.. Inspired by this I might add a few horns.

No comments:

Post a Comment